Spring is all about new beginnings. And while my mind is set on the shining sun and the flowers in bloom, I’m also thinking about a brand new wardrobe and the summer season that’s just around the corner. So I thought I’d kick off my diet with a little spring cleansing
When I first started researching juice cleanses, I found most places don’t use organic produce. Juicing is a concentrated source of vitamins and minerals—so naturally—it’s a concentrated source of toxins and pesticides too. I knew I wanted a company that used 100-percent organic product, which knocked out a ton of contenders off my list. Then cosindering the amount of time it takes a company to ship to my door, and the process it goes through to get there, I sought to find a local company. Keeping the integrity of the juices intact.
I decided to go with JuiceRX, an all-organic juice company that distributes out of Chicago. After I put in my order, I was sent pre- and post-cleanse information that would help me get my mind (and body) fully prepared. After a few days I got a knock at my door, it was my 3-day juice cleanse hand delivered. This is done for all orders—sales are limited to the Chicagoland-area—to ensure the freshest juice possible.
I got 3, 6-packs that included:
- Spicy Lemonade. Intended to stimulate digestion and boost metabolism. The lemon and green apple give the juice a tang, while the cayenne gives a hint of spice that brightens the flavor.
- Liquid Love. Blend of pomegranate, tangerine, and pineapple that create a sweet yet tangy juice. A mid-morning treat that repairs tissue and promotes heart health.
- Lunchtime Detox. Combination of beets, green apple, cucumber, and ginger that helps release toxins. I’m not a big fan of beets, but this was my favorite juice.
- Cucumber-Mint Electrolyte Boost. Sweet meets tart juice with a hint of mint that works to hydrate and cleanse kidney and bladder. Really refreshing.
- Evening Green. This was the hardest to get down, took me an hour the first day but got easier as the cleanse went on. It does carry a ton of essential vitamins and minerals that deliver my body the burst of antioxidants it needed.
- Strawberries ‘n Cream Cashew Milk. A great way to end a long day of cleansing. This creamy juice is reminiscent of a shake and acted as my day’s dessert
I’m not going to lie, it was really hard. But after three whole days I got an energy (and vivacity) that's lasted through a week of diet and exercise. I wake up feeling light and healthy (and wonderful). All-in-alla great way to give my diet a head start. I have a bright new outlook on life, and working on a brand new body to match.
For more information, visit www.juicerxcleanse.com. Get $15 off any purchase with the code: SHERIDAN15. (Good through May 31st).